Conference in Memory of Karen Asatryan – AUNA Founding-President
20 March 2009
AUNA partner NGOs and friends of the AUNA founding-president Karen Asatryan launched organization of the Conference in memory of Karen Asatryan, entitled "The Current Situation and the Perspectives for Development of the Civil Society in Armenia" consolidating nearly 70 representatives from government institutions, diplomatic missions accredited in Armenia, private and public sector and media.The Conference took place on March 18, 2009 at Golden Tulip Yerevan.|
The overall idea of the conference was to gather all Armenian NGOs under one umbrella and to start an open dialogue between the main actors among NGOs.
The Conference topics were as follows:
• The current situation of NGO sector. Development obstacles and the ways to overcome them
• The current situation of NGO-Government cooperation. Perspectives of social cooperation development in Armenia
• The role of Caucasian NGOs in civil society development and cooperation
• The role of the Armenian Apostolic Church on the way of civil society building
• The role of the state on the way of civil society building
• The role of Mass Media on the way of civil society building
• The role of international and non-governmental organizations on the way of civil society building in Armenia
A film in memory of Karen Asatryan was demonstrated.
The Conference honored with their presence and speeches Mr. Arthur Poghosyan, RA Deputy-Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Mr. Hrachia Kazhoyan, representative of OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Mr. Karen Zadoyan, president of the Armenian Young Lawyers Association, Mr. Hakob Abrahamyan, president of "Pyunic" Union for Disabled, Gerasim Barseghyan, president of "AREG" Scientific-Cultural Centre NGO and others.
The Conference started with blessing of Father Isaiah, priest of the “Holy Trinity Church” in Yerevan.